1. Tuna and Mayo on Cucumber Slices with Walnuts.
Or have them on apple slices.
2. Deli Tuna Salad (tuna, mayo, sliced dill pickle, squeeze lime juice, 1/4 red onion diced, chopped parsley, 1 diced stalk of celery) served on Shredded Lettuce.
Or wrap the deli salad in a lettuce leaf.
3. Nori Sheets make the best wraps and they are so nutritious! Tuna, mashed avocado as the ‘stickiness’ of the nori roll, then add any other veg you like – shredded kale, cauliflower or broccoli rice, cucumber, capsicum, snow peas…it’s endless. I serve mine with coconut aminos (because I like the taste).
4. Avocado, grated veg wrapped in a few slices of Deli Chicken or Turkey.
5. If you have leftovers from the night before, they make great cold burgers the next day. Wrap it in a lettuce leaf…yum!!
6. Egg Salad. All you need is cold boiled eggs (leave the bacon out if you wish). I boil a dozen eggs at the start of every week so they come in handy for quick no cook lunches and snacks during the week.
7. And of course a good old fashioned salad! If you don’t have leftover cooked protein (like slow cooked meats), then leave it out.
You’ll notice tuna mentioned a lot, that’s because we keep our cupboard stocked with tins and it makes it easy to just pull them out and make a quick lunch, I also substitute tuna with sardines from time to time. If you’re not a fan of tuna, leave it out, not problem at all.
Yours in Health and Happiness
If you’d like to share my posts or photos on your blog/website, please contact me for permission first. Email me at FaithFoodAndFitness@hotmail.com to contact me before using any of my content on your blog / website. This is my intellectual property and failure to do so is a copyright violation.
© Jessica Rath 2015