I haven’t made these in months, my son’s girlfriend loves them! The boys love them! I literally can’t make enough of them, and I’m ok with that because they are full of protein and good fats, which my boys need.
- 1 ½ cups Flaked Coconut, blitzed to resemble oats
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup protein powder (I use the Raw Paleo Protein as it’s so full of goodness)
- ¾ cup sultanas (or dried cherries, dried apples, dried goji berries)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of powdered greens (optional)
- ½ cup honey (or rice malt syrup for no fructose)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Nut Butter
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the flaked coconut, flaxseed meal, protein powder, coconut, sultanas, powdered greens and pumpkin seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the nut butter, coconut oil, and honey to the mixture and, using your hands, mix/squeeze/rub until it is all combined.
- If it is still a little too crumbly to roll, add a little extra coconut oil.
- Roll the mixture into balls and pop in the fridge.
- They can be eaten straight away, and they do travel well in lunchboxes for school.
Be Blessed xx
Yours in Health and Happiness
If you’d like to share my posts or photos on your blog/website, please contact me for permission first. Email me at FaithFoodAndFitness@hotmail.com to contact me before using any of my content on your blog / website. This is my intellectual property and failure to do so is a copyright violation.
© Jessica Rath 2015